Monday, September 28, 2009

"It was weird at the Roadshow... Most of the Antiques there seemed to be mobile, with low value, LOL amazing that"

Ouch! Hahahaha another Cliffism.


Blists Hill Victorian Town near Ironbridge, England in the county of Shropshire was host to Antiques RoadShow recently. I am going to find myself on tellie me thinks. I was up front and centre in the audience crowd on one of the segments they taped on September 17th. We asked a camera guy when it would broadcast and he said February. Watch for me!

This was like my 4th visit to Blists Hill, but there were many additions to the "town." They added a whole new street and have made it come more alive in areas. Also there is a train to a "mine" and incline lift and incline plane.
As I walked around, there were long queues of people waiting to have their personal treasures appraised by different experts. A few very special and interesting in particular were highlighted for the show and one could see the recording going on in different posts.
We were in the right spot at the right time to catch Fiona Bruce recording an introduction to a segment with a Mary Quant collection. ....Complete with a Mary Quant designer MINI.
Here you see the appraising expert and the owner of the collection.
Lights camera action! This Mary Quant segment is the one to watch for, I am right in front of the collection during recording.





No comments:

Post a Comment