Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wheat Has Germs!

----------------
Now playing: Nice & Smooth - Cake & Eat It Too
via FoxyTunes




I just love these ironic captions on vintage images! This one in particular, for the strong ironic value in my kitchen.





A recipe I created for this set of recipes cards is:

Pineapple Upside-down Cake with Maple Syrup and Wheat Germ Streusel

The first part of my recipe says to use fresh pineapple!

I used a basic recipe for the cake such as this one:

http://whatscookingamerica.net/Cake/pineapplecake.htm

You can read about the history of this cake via the link, as well.

I used a 9x13 pan, but using a skillet is good too. Then, I topped the cake batter that is already poured and smoothed in the pan with:

3 tbsp. wheat germ
1/4 c. butter
1/4 c. flour

Roughly mix these together and sprinkle over the batter.

When it is done in the oven, invert and drizzle with 1/2 c. of maple syrup.

Serve with ice cream and garnish with more wheat germ sprinkled over the top.

Here is information on wheat germ and the health benefits of adding it to your diet:

http://www.wheatgermbenefits.com/

With healthy wheat germ added, "I have my cake and eat it too!"



Let's hear your captions for this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment