Sunday, October 18, 2015

Pumpkin Time Of Year - Pumpkin Truffles

Pumpkin Salted Dark Chocolate Truffles to be exact.  They are hand dipped and we are making a dozen. 


We have been enjoying pumpkin everything!  It is nice to take advantage of the unique flavours of Autumn while it lasts.


Start with a 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree' and a stick of butter (1/4 of a pound) that is at room temperature.  Blend this in a processor with the beans from one pod of vanilla and 1/4 cup of icing sugar.
  Make it as smooth as possible.

  

                      Place this in a container in the refrigerator overnight.


Make 12 little balls from heaping teaspoons of the filling.  Place back in the chiller for at least 20 minutes to firm them up.

                   
Next is tempering chocolate to hand dip the pumpkin filling.  I can't take pictures and hand dip at the same time, so I will wait until I have a photographer to demo tempering and hand dipping, next time.  I used all I ever use - dark chocolate, this time however it had sea salt added.

I also didn't have little presentation cups to put the truffles in, I used homemade cups made with foil.

First I cup squares of foil and pressed the basic shape into a mini muffin tin.



Then, trim with decorative scissors. 

  

Place back into the mould to get it just how you want it.

  

Top with spiced pumpkin seeds, I got those at Trader Joe's.

  

  

I sampled one and can tell you, they have a wonderful pumpkin taste.

  

*************************************************************************************

 




No comments:

Post a Comment