Monday, February 1, 2010

Two Slices of Bread and Everything in Between

....Things like Cahill's Irish Porter Cheddar, pear butter, shaved turkey breast and whole grain mustard. This is a version of a lunch menu item at a place I worked called Chimney Park Bistro. There it was toasted with a panini press, I don't have one. I use foil wrapped bricks. After it is nice and toasty peel them up and place in a bit of green, or red leaf lettuce. Whatever you call it; butty, or sarni....Make it with a bap, barm, or sliced bread it is a sandwich. Try this one!

Here is some information about Cahill's Irish Porter Cheddar

http://www.dibruno.com/Detail.bok?no=88






We have been very keen on quinoa lately. I had a request to include it again in another meal. I was thinking sandwich and that potato salad would be good with it. This evolved into a salad with quinoa playing the part of potato. Just for a creamy texture I added avocado, that I used in a different quinoa salad recently with good result. Success!!


A little bit about quinoa [pronounced KEEN-wah]. An ancient grain that is a complete protein. It is high in fiber, phosphorus, magnesium and iron. Quinoa is also gluten-free, for those that have a problem with that. It may well be a perfect food for the nutty flavour and nutritional values.




Tomorrow is a real treat, I have been making German bread rolls with my friend Lucie. You can see and hear all about it then.

1 comment:

  1. That sandwich looks delicious ! Yummy !
    Can't wait to see the German bread rolls.
    Have a great week, Marcie !

    ReplyDelete