Monday, July 16, 2012

Garden




It is amazing how much there is to catch up on after recovering from illness, surgery and a week long trip away from home.  Ah, but it is great to be back to my garden, my little piece of Nirvana. Thanks to Lucie for watering and looking after the garden in my absence.
Gardening has been a challenge this year with the fires, unseasonably hot weather and the above mentioned illnesses. Several things bolted sooner than I would have liked due to the heat, such as the bok choy for example. There is still hope for the purple flowering broccoli, however. I have enjoyed aubergines, peas, beans, peppers, lettuce, radishes, cucumbers and several herbs. Lovely!

To replace the bok choy, I planted some celery plants.  I have some fennel plants to transplant, as well, I've never grown fennel.  I also bought a lemon verbena plant to try, it smells gorgeous!


 





I am still trying to find a good programme to make photo collages, since Picnik is no more.  This set was made with Smilebox, I'm not very convinced I should use that next time....It isn't customising enough for my taste.  Sorry, some of the labels are too small to read unless you click them.







I am really proud that my daughter and her fiance' are tending their own allotment. They are doing a great job. We had plenty of pesto, salad and got to sample the cauliflower. Tasty!





The garden property is held by Albany Hospital and they provide seeds and the lot.

*************************************************************************************

No one needs a vacation more than the person who just had one.


Those that say you can't take it with you never saw a car packed for a vacation trip.







No comments:

Post a Comment