Thursday, October 4, 2012

I'm Ready For You Mr. Frost

A frost and probably snow is coming to the Front Range and I'm ready!  I got all the tender bits  harvested and the whole plants covered, because they may have a chance when the weather turns warm again, as predicted.  Below are all the things I've been working on from the garden, in the kitchen.  I will go through them quickly, as I am knackered.....


Herbs of all sorts; sorrel, thai basil, basil, lovage, fennel, hamburg parsley, parsley.  Those and a few other things like green onions and celery.


 Tomatoes of all sizes, shapes, colours, ripeness.  Tomatillos and cukes too!


Jalapenos, Thai chilis - red and green.  Pumpkins, onions and a few green beans.


I am trying the salt layer method of preserving some of the Thai basil.  Lovely chicken stock from all the garden goodies.  A few Zinnias got to come in too.


Carrots!  Cake anyone?  Also pictured is lovage and hamburg parsley, I will do a feature on those two soon!  


More flowers!


Tomorrow will be the habanero hop hot sauce recipe I promised.

*********************************************************************************

*********************************************************************************
"The frost performs its secret ministry, Unhelped by any wind."
- Samuel Taylor Coleridge
  'Frost at Midnight'.

********************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment