Sunday, January 20, 2013

Chocolate Close

Any excuse to use the fun mugs I purchased on a visit to Britain.  Any excuse to make chocolate for my family that loves it, all the while getting some banana into them.  I'm not a chocolate addict myself, but I hear some are!  This recipe is from the British baking book, with a few twists of my own.  Would you expect anything else?

 

Of course, it has to be dark chocolate for me.  Broken into pretty fine pieces for this recipe.


 Some fairly ripe bananas.





 Preheat oven to 350 deg. F, or Gas Mark 4

Have a prepared loaf pan on the ready.

250 g. self- rising flour
pinch of salt
150 g. caster sugar (For American's that means baker's sugar, it is ground finer)
1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder (this is strange to now use cup measurements at this point, but this is my added twist to the recipe and I didn't measure the cocoa by weight)
100 g. butter, melted and cooled
2 eggs, beaten
250 g. bananas  (about 2 lrg. bananas)
dash of vanilla extract
74 g. dark chocolate, chopped
100 g. pecans (this is one of my twists, some in this family are allergic to walnuts)


Add dry ingredients to a bowl.  Stir in the cooled, melted butter and the beaten eggs.  Mash the bananas and incorporate, lumpy bits are okay.  Fold in the nuts and the chocolate bits.  Transfer to your loaf pan.  Bake for 55 minutes.  Cool for 5 before turning out onto a wire rack.



*********************************************************************************


********************************************************************************


********************************************************************************


********************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment