Monday, May 16, 2011

In The Meantime....

----------------
Now playing: Sinéad O'Connor - Success has Made a Failure of
via FoxyTunes

I am breaking my small window of blog silence with a garden and project update, between recipes. I laughed, I cried and watched it again, success and fails abound, trying again and sometimes trying yet again. This will be a heavy dose of metaphors and quotes and themes. That is the mood I am in! That comes from making loads of themed playlists for my Ipod. I verified that the song 'Cat's in the Cradle' makes me cry my eyes out every single time, no matter who sings it, or how many times I hear it in a row. I should stay away from the "That One Makes Me Cry Mix" for awhile.....



Today's blog will also be rich with seed packets and some brownish soil with hopefully greenery to compliment it.




I am also trying to get the upper hand on needle/thread with the machine fighting me at times. Well, you will see.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

****“A project is complete when it starts working for you, rather than you working for it.” - Scott Allen****

Can I get an amen brother?! Start with the success in the garden, this part is all kinds of green:

The first VERY happy success is Shiso, just had to try this after having it at the Asian market:



Can't wait to cook with that!













The outside transplants - pumpkins and courgettes:




An heirloom variety I am trying, new to me this year:


I count this as a success, but not as much as I had hoped. Notice the empty pot in the back. Several didn't germinate and several died, don't know why. There are 4 good ones in total, I can live with that!



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

****“If your project doesn't work, look for the part that you didn't think was important” -Arthur Bloch****

Good advice! I will keep that in mind when I ponder these epic fails. Just look at the shades of brown here:



Well, I should germinate some hope in all this unsatisfying brown:
One precious lil' plant out of 2 seed packets and 6 pots! Touch wood that it will thrive.



The cucumbers will have to be redone. They aren't doing well after moving outside.




I planted cantaloupe once and got a single plant.


They were replanted 2 more times before, they are starting to finally sprout.



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The hope of potential:

A few new-to-me things to try:


I am trying some Japanese Pumpkin too, they are starting to sprout:





+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


****“There's nothing more dangerous than a resourceful idiot.” - Scott Adams****

I resemble that!

This is a pattern bought to use the flannel sheets that got a hole in them. They have a blue rose print, so hated to see them go. It is enough fabric to make this set shown and a nightdress.



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This one shall be called "laundering money," or "Money doesn't grow on trees" A near future project for someone's birthday.



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A finally finished project for Megan's birthday, which was in March. She has the other pillowcase already, soon she will have the mate to it arriving in the post. I can also finally send the blanket Lucie and I made for the hospital Megan works at.





+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

****“It takes half your life before you discover life is a do-it-yourself project.” - Napoleon Hill****

No comments:

Post a Comment