Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Everything Is Better With Bacon!

----------------
Now playing: Stevie Ray Vaughan - Honey Bee
via FoxyTunes

Did I mention I'm an anglophile? This past long weekend we did some flea market and antique store shopping. Here are some English goodies I found:

I thought this one was really pretty:


This one is from the Ironbridge area. A place dear to my heart.


Here are some HDR pictures of the original kilns, some of them are museums now.




This one looks very old, but I can't find out exactly how old.


....And now a bit of dessert! This is baked pineapple drizzled with a bacon sweet and sour sauce. The sweet element in the sauce is from honey. On the side of that is a bee pollen tuille.


Tomorrow will feature a German sauerkraut casserole......Stay tuned!


******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
“To look back to antiquity is one thing, to go back to it is another”

Charles Caleb Colton

No comments:

Post a Comment